In this text, Dr. Lilian G. Katz suggests that educators may need to re-think many of the strategies currently used to foster self-esteem in children; and urges educators to think about what really creates in all of us a sense of self-worth. A 37-item reference list is provided.
NOTE: This publication is out of print and no longer available for purchase.
- Early Childhood Practices: Narcissism versus Self-Esteem
- Materials for Teachers
- Developmental Considerations
- The Cyclic Nature of Self-Esteem
- Criteria of Self-Esteem
- Situational Determinants of Self-Esteem
- Cultural Variations
- Optimum Self-Esteem
- Esteem for Children
- Praise and Appreciation
- Children's Own Criteria of Competence
- Coping with Reverses
- Worthwhile Activities
This publication was prepared with funding from the U.S. Department of Education. The opinions expressed in this publication do not necessarily reflect the positions or policies of the U.S. Department of Education.